Numenera: A New Beginning
The Reason Why
You have embarked on a journey that few, if any, have finished. Some die, some quit, and others are pulled away by the world around them. You find yourself on a journey with no end, but there was a beginning. Yet, The Wandering Walk has drawn you to it, so why Dear Walker are you here:
- Was there some tragic event in your life that drew you to my path?
- Do you seek glory, renown, wealth or vastly powerful Numenera?
- Do you hope to catch a glimpse of my fabled light swarms to study or for personal fulfillment?
- Or maybe, you are a vile skulker hoping to gather the wealth from whom the road has taken?
- Are you lost, or just on your way to somewhere else?
- Have you heard rumors of great treasure in the False Woods or of a mythical Resurrection Machine from ages long ago?
- Do you wish to be the first to climb the Great Slab and return alive?
- Maybe, you are a crafter seeking the loam that coats portion of the area for dyes or scientific studies?
- Nay, none of these reasons drive you? Something else then? No matter, time will tell, it always does.
Perhaps it isn’t the completion of the Walk that is important, but what you do while your feet tread its path.